Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Along came Pollen

Last weekend we all came together at grandad's house in Ostend, not just for your common get-together though... no.. it was a 'let's work'-get-together to clear our that jungle of a garden there!

All Vercayies from Bruges were already hard at work when we arrived around 11 AM, except for Björn, Myriam's boyfriend, who made it a sport to 'look' very hard at work, simply by wearing gardening-gloves and checking up on everyone.
Nono, I'm kidding; he worked hard as well, like we all did. :-)

In the afternoon after all the grass was cut, the hedges trimmed, the pond cleared out (I tell you, a huge root-mud-monster was skillfully removed from that once so sparkly water-garden), it was time for a barbeque. Uncle Paul did most of the work there, but I was in charge of the fire, until it bored me silly and uncle Jan took over from me :-)

The close of the day was perfectly finished by España, who beat ze Germans with 1 to 0 on the finals of the European Championship. Thank you Spain, we all know it's a good thing the Germans didn't win the war, eh, Euro Championship.

Not so perfect is the aftermath for me... I guess all that grass, hedges and other greenery contained a bit too much pollen, which blocked my nose completely on monday morning. It's still blocked ad dis momend, so read dis blog wid shud nose for full experience :-)

I'll post some pictures of the sunday@Ostend event on my picture experience page later.
UPDATE:
My Dad's pictures here
Uncle Pieter's pictures here

3 comments:

Dennis said...

After reading your blog title for the second time I realized you're somehow referring to the movie "Along came Polly". Funny.

Dude, I know how it feels having a stuffed nose. On the other hand, it's a good excuse for not having to mow the lawn too much. ;)

-Dennis

Kirsten said...

ewww I hate allergies. I didn't start getting them till a couple of years ago.

fun to be with the family though!

Tozansha said...

Jihaa! Photo's look great! In a couple of weeks you can gather the family again and start your own garden. Send me some floorplans and site plans so I can start thinking and sketching!