Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dangerous Toys


A year and nine months ago Sony released their third video game console in Europe: The Playstation 3.

You all know me, a gamer to the backbone, so you can imagine how excited I was back then about the release of this next generation game console. I won't go in the (for you undoubtably very boring) details of the technical specifications of this marvel of technology, but I promise you it's very, very, VERY high-tech stuff!

And then I saw the price. A whopping 500 Euros. Compared to an XBox360 or a Nintento Wii... that's an extremely obnoxious pricetag...
Result: wait for the price to come down.
12/2007: waiting... no price cut.
06/2008: waiting... no price cut.
12/2008: waiting... still no bloody price cut. WTF??!!

!BUT!

Something else came down in december. Not the PS3 price I had been waiting for, but The English Pound!
Ohyea; and what's the price for a Playstation3 in England? On Amazon.co.uk you pay at this moment 285 pounds for the console with one controller and a game of choice!
As the pound is now worth 1.02 Euros, you know what that means!

!YES!

It's mine now, I'm absolutely loving it, but I have to be very careful...
There are other things in life than gaming; The time I've spent on it already in the last few days.. hmmm.. Dangerous toys...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's the English..................cheap ;-)

Cate x

Tozansha said...

Hier staat hij $399 denk ik dus als ge het omrekend komt het op hetzelfde uit als de pond. Belgie is toch zo achterlijk met zijn hoge prijzen en vele taxen!
Wacht maar tot da James kan beginnen spelen, ge gaat er nog om vechten! ;o)

Kirsten said...

and now you can watch blue ray movies too!!!