Thursday, December 11, 2008

A new challenge

Last week I decided it's time for change.
Change for the better.

As Voxtron, the company I work for, had been becoming more and more an annoyance instead of a joy to me, I looked around in the IT/Telecom-world in Belgium, and found a nice, interesting and growing company, Newtel, hiring new staff.
In the past, in the field, I have had contact with support engineers from Newtel quite often already, but I never thought that one day I'd work for them...
Actually the whole process of deciding what to do next was quite quickly over with;
two weeks ago the first meeting, and last week the second interview, followed by the moment supreme, The Signing of The Contract.
So Monday, at the start of this week, I handed in my resignation at Voxtron. Our general manager was 'surprised', and didn't understand why I had taken that decision... Well, I guess he should have read my signals a bit better then. I really can't be bothered with what he thinks, or what's about to happen at Voxtron now. (Me leaving means 50% of the support knowledge and department will be gone...)

I feel really good with the decision I've made; I'm diving into a branch of IT that's always interested me, switching and networks, but never had the chance to learn about or specialize in. So now a new door to the future unlocked for me, I can't wait to start! I still have to wrap up the job at Voxtron, which will take about 2 or 3 months, but I'm ok with that.

The future looks bright... The future looks Newtel.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

sometimes people really need a change. so glad your feeling better and I hope the next 2-3 months don't drive you totally insane.

Dennis said...

Awesome news, great slogan in the end. Perhaps you should pitch some one liners at the marketing department as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Good, well done, don't waste your life with people that don't care about people. All the best for you!! uncle pieter