Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Black Hole Sun

Studio Brussel, after 15 years still my favourite radiostation, is doing a show about the 90ies called 'Rendez Vous'.
Every show they pick out a year to discuss and talk about what musically happened that year.
One of the items they do, is letting a Belgian artist cover one of the biggest (rock-)hits of that year.
Well, I've heard some good ones, some serious-shame-on-you-bad-ones, but for the year 1994 an exceptional version of the song 'Black hole sun' (by Soundgarden originally) was covered by Ozark Henry.

If you know the original, you'll have to agree with me that Piet Goddaer has respected the original, but completely made this song his own... I think it's the best cover I've heared in a long time...

Listen for yourself:
Click here to listen
edit: if the link doesn't work, click here to go to the Studio Brussel website, and click on 'zijn versie' to play the song.

(and let me know what you think) :-)

6 comments:

Dennis said...

hmm. de link werkt niet. Jammer, nu ben ik wel benieuwd.

-Dennis

Anonymous said...

Who?

No comment on the song.........so come to your own conclusion on that one ;-)

Cate
xxxxx

Tozansha said...

Not bad... Not bad at all! I actually really like it!

Kirsten said...

blasted no speaker computer!
I'll have to wait till I am at a different computer.

Dennis said...

Yes ! I got to listen to it.

Ozark Henry is one of the best Belgian contemporary artist out there.. this cover proofs it once again.

I heard he's composing movie soundtracks as well. Hopefully one day, he'll receive a notorious international award for his work.

Thanks for sharing !

-Dennis

Dennis said...

PS. you'll find this hilarious:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIdtx27NX1w