Friday, June 13, 2008

Twentysomething

Today is Friday the 13th. Usually a lucky day, in my opinion.
Although I saw a couple of really stupid, crazy drivers this morning on the way to work (a bit more than usual, anyway), causing near-accidents just because they weren't looking properly where they were driving...
I guess those people deserve an unlucky Friday the 13th today... Pay attention in traffic, nitwits!

Today is the last day of my 20ies as well.
I'm not so sure why everybody is making such a big fuzz about it, though...
You know; 'the big 3', 'you're getting OLD', 'getting closer to 40 than to 20'...

Leave me alone! I feel fine! Really!

Why? Well;

I'll never be older than Cate.
I'll never be 30 years older than James.
I'll never grow up.
I'll never quit playing music, or playing games.
I'll probably just never feel 'old'...

I'll keep having fun, and I guess that's the key...
I'll soon be thirtysomething and I'll keep being me :-)

4 comments:

Dennis said...

Amen.

Let's see if you'll think the same when you turn 40, though. :)

-Dennis

Rene Jungbluth said...

Well said ... my son, please remember that this also holds for me -

I'll never be 40 years older than you (30 is still possible though !!!)
I'll also never grow up (although I have tried occasionally)
I'll never quit playing music, or reading my preferred books (as long as I am not stonedeaf and blind as a ...)
I'll never give up my 'absurd' humor
I'll probably just never feel 'old' (...just tired so now and then)

I'll be sixty one day and I'll keep being me too :-)

Enjoy your birthday tomorrow - after all you're 30 only once !!!
(but your only last day 29 only once too, ha ha )

Kirsten said...

yip yip yippeeee!!! happy birthday tomorrow.

Tozansha said...

Good thing you don't stop being you at thirty! We wouldn't want you any other way!

Happy 30th birthday bro!!